Users can set an Opportunity to Archive. After a while, setting those opportunities to Deleted status makes more sense.
So how do you update opportunities (and same for other entities) to have a status of Deleted for those which are already set as Archive?
- First, create a new process that will import/update Opportunities.
- Set the process to have an ODBC/SQL data source and pick the Pipeliner database.
- Setup the data source to use a query that will return all opportunities which are set to Archive but are not set as Deleted.
- Map only the “ID” and the “IS_Deleted” fields as shown below. Map IS_Deleted to an <Expression> and set the value to 1.
- Set the “Allow Deleted or Archived…” setting under the Advanced Settings tab to be checked.
- Execute the process. It is highly recommended to test your setup against a small set of records before running it for all the data set that needs to be updated.